Friday, April 07, 2006

How Early Should I Start Child Training?

This article comes from No Greater Joy, and was written by Michael Pearl, whose expertise is in Child Training.

At what age should I start disciplining my children?
At what age should I start homeschooling?
At what age should I begin teaching my children to work?

You must start training your children one year before their first birthday, because if you don't, they will be trained without your input. A sapling grows the way you bend it. But if you don't bend it, it will grow and take shape just the same, though not as you would have it. It will be shaped by the prevailing winds, which, you can be sure, never blow in the right direction.

From day one, every conscious moment of a child's life is training; every event, and non-event, is schooling, preparation for the rest of life.

Read more here.

No comments: